Sunday, February 25, 2007

Presentation 1 Reflection

Last week was such a crazy week, and I'm glad it's finally all over! In addition to all the projects and exams I had last week, I did my Presentation 1 on Wednesday. I decided to do my presentation on betta fish--one of the most popular fish you can buy today. I focused on how to take care of a betta fish properly and why you shouldn't keep bettas in a flower vase. I also prepared a handout on how to buy a healthy and happy betta.

Even though I was prepared for my presentation, I got nervous. I hate that I always get butterflies when I do public speaking! I handle most "non-graded" presentations much better! I have to admit that this presentation was easier than most because I knew the topic I picked so well. Overall, I feel like I did a good job, but I think I could definitely improve on not getting nervous. The class seemed to like the presentation, and hopefully I helped a few bettas out there get a better living environment from their owners...which was what I hoped to do!

I thought that the presentation was a really good assignment. Learning how to do a good PowerPoint will help in almost every profession, and it will definitely help in most of my classes!

No comments: