Saturday, February 17, 2007

Reflections on Last Week

So far this semester, I have to admit that we haven’t had to do anything really challenging or terribly time consuming, but we have done a lot of things that have been very helpful. Well, this is how I felt until I read over the blog and looked at the syllabus again. After reading what all is due within the next two weeks, I’m feeling very uneasy, unprepared, and stressed out. We have been talking for a long time about all these assignments, but I guess I just didn’t realize that it was all happening so soon. On top of everything due for this class, I have even more to do for my other classes. I guess that’s my biggest concern. In the middle of working two jobs to pay for school, I have to find time for school! Never again will I take eighteen hours and try to work two jobs.

Even though I’m stressed out, I’m ready to get everything done. I feel like all the earlier assignments we've done were just the foundation blocks to the house we are building. In other words, we’ve done a little bit, but we’ve still got a lot to do. I know that probably sounds a little cheesy and clichĂ©, but I think it’s a good description of what’s going on in the class.

I’m pretty confident about the presentation assignment. I’ve decided to do my presentation on betta fish since a lot of people have them as pets. I’m still debating on whether or not I should use Giggles, my betta, as a prop. He’s hard to carry all the way across campus, and I’m not sure I want to explain how he got his name. That could take like 2 minutes of my whole presentation time. I don’t feel prepared at all for my interview. I always get nervous about interviews. Also, I don’t like to admit it, but I really have no idea what kind of job I want to get after I graduate. As for the portfolio, I think it will be very easy to put together and post on Blackboard. And then there’s the group project…I feel like our group is behind, but hopefully that will all change soon. But then again, I’m not sure where exactly we should be right now. Are all the other groups still researching, or are they already designing a website? I feel like we are stuck in the research phase until we start putting all of our ideas together and making the actual website. Finding times to meet together seems to be our biggest problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think most groups are probably still in the research stage. If a a group has a mock-up already, they will probably still make several changes to it. So, I think you guys are probably right where you should be... still planning, while we do all this other stuff, lol. I think it will all come together just fine, and I look forward to hearing more about Betas. =o)